Wednesday 21 May 2014

Review - Karbonn A12+, A glimpse on the inferior market

( -Murali Aggithaya )

Well Well Well. A review on the Karbonn branded phone! *Hmm* That sounds "Cheap". So, is this phone that obviously so marked down??
After having the phone for about 4 months , I am proud to say that its a "Bang for the Buck" considering the price is well around 4800 (Less than 100 USD).

[DISCLAIMER: The review device - Karbonn A12+ was used for more than 3 months. ]

There has been a lot of instances where one of my classmates or a strange co-passenger sees the phone and asks, "Is that a new Sony Phone?" and I pathetically node my head and say "No, its Karbonn A12+". As soon as they hear the name Karbonn, they just take their eyes off the phone and pretend the conversation was never made. But let me assure my readers here, the phone doesn't empty your pockets if you are buying and does an excellent job as a daily driver.
Let me say this, this is not a review of detailed explanation of each and every aspect of the phone. Rather a writeup of my thoughts regarding the phone.
Okay, here goes the Textbook Specifications.
    • Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    • Connectivity Options: Dual SIM: 3G/2G, WiFi, GPS with A-GPS, Bluetooth with A2DP
    • 1.3 GHz Dual Core Processor (ARMv7)
    • Mediatek MT6572 Chipset , Mali 400MP GPU
    • 512 MB RAM (470 MB User Available)
    • 4 GB Internal Storage (671 MB for System partition, 1.36 GB for applications, 1.33 GB for internal sd card)
    • 4 inch IPS Display with 480x800 (WVGA) resolution
    • 5 MP Rear camera with flash, snaps photos in 2560x1920 and videos in 720p resolution
    • 2 MP front camera, snaps photos in 1200x1600 and videos in 480p resolution
    • 1400 mAh Battery
    • G-Sensor, Proximity Sensor
So some of you may surely be underwhelmed by the technical specifications here when you might have got your hands on to those "Flagship" devices. But let me question you this, Is it necessary to have a phone of such great specifications in your pocket and, and don't use it efficiently. So, just use a phone that is cheap(in terms of price) does a reasonably good job of manipulating whatever task that you throw at it.

HARDWARE:

So let me come to the hardware part of the phone. The phone has a power button in the top right section and the button is pretty much clicky. There is a volume control button in the top left side of the phone and right section of the phone is absolutely empty. The phone looks much better some other brands at the price. One of the small drawbacks which i have found out is that in-order to insert or remove memory card, the battery must be removed
The 4 inch screen may not seem big considering the flagship standards where any phone under 5 inch is a small phone. But i can just say this, I have watched more than 50 hours of Movies and Series and yet my eyes work pretty much the same. I have never experienced any pain or glitch in my eyes. The screen is really bright considering the IPS display panel and the viewing angle is one of the best for any under 100 USD smartphone. You can very well read texts through the display at full brightness under direct sunlight.


I seldom talk through phone, but when I get calls from home, the quality is moderately high. You can pretty much hear everything the other user has to say and as per their feedback, the mic also receives the voice pretty clear.

MEDIA:

I can pretty much assure you readers that the phone can play any graphically intense games such as Asphalt 8, Real racing 3, Modern Combat 4 etc without a lag and that is truly amazing for a phone at this price point
.

The Internet Experience has been really up to the mark considering you have a 3G connectivity and your work can be done without any hassle. You can look into Gaming reviews in youtube and make yourself believe what this little piece can handle.

EVERYTHING ELSE:

The battery life as I consider is well above average and it you just need to give a quick full charge once a day and the phone will just handle itself well. One thing I have noticed is, the phone charges faster than my previous Samsung device. It charges around 1% in less than a minute.


The only downside I have notices are the cameras. Well, it rather disappointed me in that section and I use it rarely to snap photos. The 5 MP camera is good for nothing. Even under daylight, the Photos look over saturated and you might get hesitant to look the pictures you have captured for the second time. But, it didn't affect me much since I use my BlackBerry Bold for that purpose.

So, concluding my write up here, the phone really excels in the performance section. Really this is a Beast when you consider the price but lacks a good camera. This phone will pretty much serve you a good companion for your Chatting, Browsing and Gaming and as I said it is a great "Value for Money" smart-phone.

What is your opinion on the current generation low range devices that available, Do you think after the launch of Motorola Moto E will this segment exist?


Murali Aggithaya for  SahRckrTech Weekly.

Check out the same uploads on SahRckrTech.wordpress.com

Follow us on TwitterFacebook , Instagram .

Editor Recommendations:


Nokia X (If services mean a lot to you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment